10 December 2007

The darn things won't write themselves, now will they?

Just a quick heads up to let y'all know that today and probably tomorrow, too, I will be out of blogging commission during lunchtime so I can finally write these two boxes of 12-each "Happy Holidays" greeting cards I bought nearly a month ago.

As an aside, if you've been racking your pretty little head for a good under-$20 gift for a friend or the family member who not only seems to have everything but actually does have everything, do what I did this year and give the gift of personalized postage* from stamps.com.

For serious, even calm and collected Hot Redhead Lawyer went nuts-o for hers.

And while you're at it, get yourself a sheet or two so you share your pet or favorite celebrity with the lovely people over at Comcast, Pepco, Visa or whoever else to whom you still send mail.

I certainly did:

*idea credited to the original "L"

14 comments:

Angelica said...

I have not used Stamps.com but I have used Zazzle.com. -Same idea-

People flipped for the stamps, I also made a few bags and bumper stickers for the geekier set.

It is just so hard to please this day and age.

Maxie said...

Awwww...adorable.

C said...

They are fantastic. Although I'd imagine Monte is upset that they're self-adhesive and you don't have to lick his backside, as it were. (cue Stewie of FG voice): "Thatttt's right. Don't you look at me!"

tellin' it like it is said...

ew, cut your stupid bangs already. you're beginning to look like Christian from Project Runway.

dara said...

he'd be a fantastic little xmas elf, that Monte would!

a ny fan said...

my favorite part of monte's tux? the little part that covers his tail. now that's classy!

Anonymous said...

A request: Could you let us know what shoes you are wearing in this post:

http://aseriousjobisnoexcuse.blogspot.com/2007/11/unusually-social-weekend.html

I love them dearly and they would be my only choice for a holiday party shoe.

Thanks. And thanks for the blog. I enjoy it an embarrassing amount

Johanna said...

the shoes are by Stuart Weitzman and they were one of my biggest splurges of the year. At the time, I didn't need them at all, but Saks only had one pair left (in my size of course), and my girlfriend C sealed the irresponsible deal with her, "I will never try to convince you NOT to get those - they're too fabulous."

That afternoon I went home to find the name of this particular shoe (d'orsay, to be specific), but still to this day, I can't find it anywhere. It wasn't on sale, so I don't think it was from a previous season's collection, but it's the oddest thing...I can't locate it anywhere online or in-store!

They are truly one of my favorite wardrobe components, so I completely understand your wanting to have them, too.

Good luck in finding them, and please let me know when/if you do.

best,
J

terri said...

I just ordered some stamps for my girlfriends! Thanks for the idea!

C said...

In retrospect, I end up saying that a lot--about all manner of things--when we go shopping in that area...

sarahsouth said...

hannie, love the stamp idea! love monte on the stamp even more!

kate said...

I would be thrilled to get a bill or harassing letter from an ex-boyfriend so long as it had a Monte stamp. They're disarmingly cute!

Anonymous said...

you did give your girlfriends pictures of *their* dogs, right? Not Monte?

stuck in l.a. said...

love it! love the pup!