06 March 2007

Am I missing something?


The reviews of Chloë Sevigny's Zodiac premiere dress are in, and apparently, many in the industry disagree with my take on this mess and are calling Ms. Sevigny's Luella frock a big fat fashion homerun.

If you ask me, I think these good reviews are a direct result of the fact this woman has spent her entire career setting the bar so low that when she finally does show up wearing foundation and some lip gloss the critics have no choice but to give her golf claps.

The reviews:

The actress stepped out in a hot pink Luella minidress, accessorized with Neil Lane jewels and Dolce & Gabbana pumps. We love the bright burst of color and origami-like skirt!

Chloë Sevigny in Luella (InStyle Magazine)
Sevigny was pretty in pink at the Hollywood premiere of her new film, Zodiac. The actress wore a fuchsia Luella cocktail dress with a Neil Lane cross necklace and Dolce & Gabbana shoes.

Sign o' the Times (E!'s Fashion Police)
Chloë Sevigny's style picks sometimes leave us scratching our heads, but she really hits the fashion mark at the Zodiac premiere. The dramatic draping, hot-pink hue and chunky gold necklace all work together to create a very haute couture effect. Bravo, Chloë!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

no, you're not missing anything. that dress is a nightmare. she's a nightmare. yuck.

and that movie was waaaay too friggin' long. close to 3 hours! I even started to hate Jakey G. by the end.

Even though I don't know you personally...Happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe anyone with any taste would like this dress. I'm pretty forgiving when it comes to different tastes, and I even *like* some of Chloe's "odd" choices, but this pink thing is just plain ugly. And the cross is, too.