15 May 2007

City-walking Summer sandals

"Help! I need a good pair of city-sandals in a neutral color that'll look cute with dresses, shorts and jeans. I want them flat and 'barely-there,' as you often say. Thanks!"

How fortuitous, I was just putting together such a group of perfect-for-walking-the-city-streets Summer sandals!

There's nothing more sigh-worthy than waking up on a sunny Saturday morning, slipping on an eyelet mini, an upbeat Oldies iMix (Everly Brothers, Cat Stevens and CCR required) and finally, that favorite pair of gladiator flats that firmly says to the world - in direct contrast to your diva-black pedicure - "I think with my heart, not my head!"

Since you didn't give me a specific price-point, I took the liberty of providing both an "If I had a Sugar Daddy" and a "Since I don't (yet)" option for each of the neutral - i.e. brown, white, black, silver and gold - colors.

Go on now, get your walk on in one of these delicious pairs of barely-there Summer sandals.

4306 by Belle by Sigerson Morrison ($225 at piperlime.com)
Gavi gladiator sandal by KORS Michael Kors ($129 at eluxury.com)*
Falvie sandal by Jill Stuart ($268 at ronherman.com)
Naïve sandal by Matisse ($99.95 at nordstrom.com)

Valerie patent sandal by K. Jacques St. Tropez ($175 at net-a-porter.com)
Flat strappy sandal ($28 at urbanoutfitters.com)
Xanadu sandal by Report ($178.95 at zappos.com) Capri sandal by MIA ($46 at lorisdesignershoes.com)*
Oval sandal by Stuart Weitzman ($198 at zappos.com)

Athens-4 sandal by Dolce Vita ($70 at shopdolcevita.com)

*your editrix's top picks

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks! I think I'm going to get the MIA sandals in gold. I love them - and the price!