08 March 2007

My life in 30 seconds

I've been searching for a link to this so very me and so very all of my girlfriends Mastercard commercial, but after two weeks of fruitlessness, I am giving up and sending you directly to the source.

To watch the inner-dialogue of my daily walks past my coveted $960 Burberry 3/4 trench, click here and choose the "That would go great with that" clip at right.

It's a tidy ending with the young woman giving the "yeah, right" look to the Tiffany & Co. necklace; it almost but not quite vitiates the irony of a credit card company promoting the notion that a young woman who loves clothes and shoes would have responsible spending habits.

Question: in what city that has a Tiffany & Co. can a woman get a *good* $28 pedicure?

Please, someone tell me.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

New York.
(You already knew the answer)
I can also recommend a good Brazilian for under forty...

I also think Tyson's Corner would work, but you'd have to check.

I beg to differ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

White Plains, NY for about $20 ... its about half an hour away from where I live ... and they do a great job ... And I get a great manicure where the nail color doesnt chip and it lasts for a week (could stretch it for two weeks) for just $8 :)

Anonymous said...

You sell yourself short, doll. That is not your life in 30 seconds at all. What about the Chinese military analysis, the puppy, the boyshorts, bra and heels standing in front of your closet deciding what to wear?

There is so much more to you than just your obsession with material possessions. Well, maybe not SO much more, but a bit more :-)

Did that guy who made you cry on your birthday tell you I kicked his teeth in? Uh-huh, made him swallow 'em, too.

Anonymous said...

There's a difference between a pedicure for $28 and a *good* pedicure for $28. The best deal I've found in DC for a *good* pedicure was $35, and that was at the Watergate.

I beg to differ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

a good Brazilian for under $40??? Do share! I'm paying what the editrix pays at Blue Mercury, which, with tip, comes to $70+!

Anonymous said...

If they're wearing surgical masks, I just can't go in there. It takes away from the whole "relaxing" aspect of getting a pedicure.