03 February 2007

For that holiday coming up

To distract myself from the fact I'll be spending half my Valentine's Day evening in the gym and half in my kitchen with an iced-tea spoon, a jar of extra crunchy Jif, and a giant box of chocolate sprinkles, I've taken the time to gather up some dresses that will assuredly get your petit filet and lemon chess pie paid for. Whichever you choose, just be sure to pair it with a good smoky eye (see "Come hither eyes") and a cute pair of not too strappy, not too busy, sky-high heels.



Top to bottom:
1. Red-floral valentine shift by Vivienne Tam ($420 at amazon.com)
2. Belted silk halter dress by Lela Rose ($995 at bergdorfgoodman.com)
3. Lindsay dress by Karen Zambos Vintage Couture ($407 at shopbop.com)
4. back of Lindsay dress (too cute not to show)
5. Gold-leaf dress by Shoshanna ($340 at neimanmarcus.com)
6. Ruched silk chiffon dress by Tadashi ($288 at nordstrom.com)
7. Glenda silk dress by Elie Tahiri ($278.90 at saks.com)*
8. Polka-dot dress by Betsey Johnson ($365 at betseyjohnson.com)*
9. Charmeuse dress by Graham & Spencer ($360 at net-a-porter.com)
10. Red-ink sweetheart dress by Tibi ($219.95 at anthropologie.com)
11. Sequined tank dress by Isli ($398 at neimanmarcus.com)

*your editrix's top picks

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

that Betsey Johnson mini would look awesome on you. let me guess, red round toe pumps and a red patent clutch? I know you too well!

and I'm with you on the chocolate and peanut butter. no better way to celebrate finishing a long run than sitting on the countertop with a jar of Jif. a spoon, though? that's too high-class for this Michigan girl!

Anonymous said...

Single or taken I hate the 'holiday,'
I usually finish off a jar of nutella and curse the Hallmark marketing mania. This year, I'll have to do it in Spanish.

But you my dear, have dozens of options. Take out the Betsey Johnson mini and break hearts, you deserve it!

Johanna said...

What I would give for that Betsey mini! No seriously, you have no idea how much happier I would be having that dress than I would being taken out for some schmaltzy seven-course dinner at Citronelle.

And yes, "bff in chicago," you're exactly right, I would pair it with my round-toed red pumps and red clutch -- though the shoes are patent leather, the purse is matte.

Heartbreaker? Hmmm...not sure about that.

Johanna said...

That was a joke, by the way, about me not being a heartbreaker.

I know my strengths :-)

Anonymous said...

I like the Isli silver mini best, though it would take a really athletic figure to pull it off.

Alison Santighian said...

9 & 10 are gorgeous, and are definitely frocks I'd pick to impress other women, not a boy. All the more reason to wear them on V-day. The more confident, the more beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I agree with DC Celine!

Solo V-days can be really empowering!

Hint, hint, Johanna...