13 November 2007

Before we have to start buying for others...


We've all been told it's better to give than to receive.

Yeeeah, okay I can see that. I guess I get the flutters when I open the bag of chicken jerky and see the awed look of "Really, Mom? Really?" on my smuckerbug's face, and I'm pretty sure I remember a kind of warm rumble in my mid-section the last time I gave him a no-reciprocation-required paw massage.

But beyond those special moments, my favorite kind of giving is when I give myself something pretty, something in the way of a nice wool-jersey blend with cute pouf-sleeves and an of-interest neckline. Or maybe something of the fitted black cashmere variety. Or something high-waisted in a nice houndstooth.

You get the point.

The best store for this sort of me-to-me gift giving is without doubt the Narnia of neutrals, the don't-worry-it's-okay-to-wear-all-black-in-here haven known as Club Monaco. And thanks to reader 'holiday,' we all now have an excuse to head over there (unfortunately, they don't sell their clothing online) between 11/15 and 11/19 for some serious good-deal shopping.

Outlook it, ladies -- you don't want to let this opportunity slip away.

*note: make sure to print out the above advert and bring it with you when you visit the Club Monaco location nearest you

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't really have much of a response to this post, but I was 41st on the last one. I want to be first here. When it comes to the dog though, it's always rewarding to give.

Anonymous said...

thank you! thank you! thank you! I just turned down a skirt I loved because it was just over my price limit. with this discount, it'll be under that limit. you're an angel!

Johanna said...

Dave-

You're my first ever "I want to be first" comment! That's a real milestone!

I'm feeling the reward right now watching Monte pounce and dance around his carob "eclair" -- Mommy's guilt prezzie for coming home so late tonight.

Greta-

What fortuitous timing! I'm so happy to help :-)

best,
J

Unknown said...

There is a virginity joke in there somewhere, but it'd probably be in poor taste so I won't come up with it.

Anonymous said...

thank you SO much for posting this - in desperate need of some new clothes... funny thing about Club Monaco is, i remember it used to be like The Gap back in Canada and their sweatshirts were the most popular thing back in 8th grade...and look what it's become today!