21 October 2007

Let's try to do better this week, mmm'kay ladies?

I don't know what it was about last week, but it seemed celebrities all over the world were in collective cahoots to distract attention away from their otherwise palatable ensembles - though in a couple of cases, "palatable" is a generous stretch - with some of the most hideous pairs of pumps, pooties and pootie peep-toes money can buy.

Yes, that's right, pootie peep-toes.

Maybe it's that I'm not avant garde enough to appreciate the sort of multi-strapped, color-paneled, flower-appliquéd detailing you see below, and if that is the case, I'm fine with that, because I'd sooner slip on a pair of BCBGirls or Jessica Simpsons over some Hot-Topic-looking Louboutins any day of the week.

Fingers crossed we'll soon see the demise of all things pootie and the reemergence of some lovely Diors, Zanottis, Atwoods and Valentinos...

Enjoy.

I may want her figure, but I say "good day" to her shoe closet.
Even the country star after whom these Choos got their name has more sense than to wear these
Surprisingly, no, she's not doing an advert for Candie's-Japan.
A grown-up prom dress deserves grown-up prom shoes, don't you think, gorgeous?
And this is the twin whose style I find less confusing...
At least we weren't forced to look at her in this get-up again...
Of course, I'll find a way to forgive you, but two days in a row? Really?

14 comments:

Lady Tiara said...

i really thought the dreaded ankle bootie would be gone after last year. i don't understand its staying power. jennifer connelly's shoes bewilder me. her whole ensemble makes me cringe.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Katie...

Anonymous said...

i can't decides whose are worse, Jennifer's or Katie's. they're all pretty awful tho.

N said...

Those pootie peep toes are quite possible the ugliest shoes I have ever seen.

I can't wait to see your finds from Zara. Can you take me shopping with you sometime? I must have been missing something when I went there.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you and just about every commenter here - the pootie (and every unique take on the pootie) is a mind-bogglingly ugly trend. the only consolation is that it'll be gone soon. I just don't see this look hanging around too long.

Anonymous said...

the first pair is balenciaga and super super chic

Johanna said...

lady tiara/anonymous 5:57-

You're preachin' to the choir on this one. I think they're a travesty.

anonymous 4:31-

I know, right? I'd expect that fugliness from LiLo or Britney but not my precious Katie!

Lila M.-

It's a tough call, but I think JenCon's are worse. And you should've seen the original runway version: http://www.style.com/fashionshows/collections/S2008RTW/review/BALENCIA

N-

Next Zara trip I make, I'll shoot you an e-mail. I may have just gotten lucky -- inventory updates are on Wed/Fri afternoons.

best,
J

Johanna said...

d g-

Just 'cause they're Balenciaga doesn't make them chic. Next argument?

-J

Anonymous said...

Aside from her nasty shoes, Katie actually looks the best she ever has in both those shots. You're turning me onto her, which is something I never thought would happen. She's becoming extremely elegant.

Anonymous said...

Bad. All around bad. I'm surprised and disappointed in Scarlett. Those glued-on flower sandals look like a bargain-bin Junior section nightmare.

Anonymous said...

Actually, I like everything Jennifer Con's wearing, and the way she's wearing it.
With Katie, I feel like she's a fearless pioneer of something, that to my eyes seems pedestrian, boring and safe, but which may in fact conceal much harder determination, and self control and perspective than my first instinct would give her credit for. Unsettling.

Johanna said...

There is no possible way Jennifer Connelly's shoes are in good taste. No way. They look like the bottom half of a "Sexy Referee" Halloween costume. The dress I could take or leave but those shoes, Ms. Anonymous 5:19, are a right mess.

best,
J

Anonymous said...

JCon's shoes are a mess, I think you are right. However - Katie's shoes are the WORST of that bunch. Ew.

Anonymous said...

I don't understand how anyone could like those Balenciagas. Could one of you please explain?