14 January 2007

For those of us who have to work tomorrow

In light of the 80% chance of rain tomorrow morning, I thought it would be a good idea to recommend a few of my favorite Wellingtons.

Typically, I not only welcome but actively seek out daunting high heel challenges - 30+ block walks from the Murray Hill District to the Upper West Side, for example - but over time, I've learned there is no getting around high heels' kryptonite. This trifecta, better known as rain, sleet, and snow, can ruin a bejeweled satin D'Orsay more quickly than a Creme Egg indulgence shows up on your inner thighs.

As such, on a morning like tomorrow, I will go against my natural instinct to heel-up and favor function over form. When you love shoes as much as I do and you're on as much of a budget as I am, you protect your carefully chosen, hard-earned pumps and peeptoes with the vigor and abandon a mother would her own child.

As long as you pretty please promise to change out of these and into your stilettos in the office elevator, here are my top rain boot picks:











Top to bottom:
Wellie striped boots by L.L. Bean ($49.95 at llbean.com)
Rain boot by Western Chief ($29.95 at nordstrom.com)
Tall cherry by Gabriella Rocha ($49.95 at zappos.com)
764164 by Emilio Pucci ($149.95 at zappos.com)
Ruby boot by Kate Spade ($150 at katespade.com)
Polka dot boot by Chooka ($49.95 at nordstrom.com)
Welly boot by Jeffery Campbell ($64.95 at nordstrom.com)
Drench and flood boot by Steve Madden ($44.99 at macys.com)
Plaid rain boot by Burberry ($145 at neimanmarcus.com)

No comments: