24 December 2006

The 3 fiercest minis of 2006



















Jennifer Lopez in Oscar de la Renta, December 2006

I love that she wore a minidress in such a heavy wool fabric. Her choice says she knows the weather is cooler and she shouldn't be baring her legs this deep into Autumn -- but shouldn't doesn't mean can't. Especially if you've got her legs. The style at the neckline is demure, the length is sexy, and the overall look is irreverant. It's J. Lo through and through.



















Sienna Miller in Marchesa, September 2006

I'm not a big fan of Sienna's style. Too London-chic for me. I don't pretend to get that whole cropped leather bomber, dirty hair, fringed-boots, big-belt look, but I admit, it does suit her well. This dress and the Christian Louboutian peeptoes are much more in my comfort zone. She looks like a young lady with style who knows she's got great legs and shoulders. There's nothing wrong with this outfit. Nothing. Except maybe that she wore it to the opening night of the Lincoln Center's production of Madame Butterfly. Know thine audience...



















Jennifer Lopez in Biba, August 2006

Try to picture this gold lame confection sans the housekeeper head-wrap and futuristic stripper boots. This dress is a New York dress, and quite appropriately, that's exactly where Ms. Lopez wore it. I'd have pulled my hair back in a chignon and worn strappy 4-inch open-toed slingbacks, but then again, it's the VMAs and fashion exaggeration is one of that event's biggest draws.



Posted by Picasa

No comments: